[762]#2 Server Crash Report - let us know!

Come here to learn about our [762] Servers, Admin Team or to raise questions you have.
Forum rules
- No: racism/SS/Nazi comments/names/squads. No flaming/insulting.
- No teamkilling on purpose/wait your turn for weapons & vehicles.
- No fighting/AFK commander
- ABC Lines & Main Bases: Do NOT fire into / out of there!
- Planes: only attack fixed positions behind ABCs.
Jonatronathan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: [762]#2 Server Crash Report - let us know!

Postby Jonatronathan » May 31st, 2019, 7:09 pm

Don't you know what a positns is?

Matt_Baker
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Matt_Baker » July 4th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Server Number 1. July 4th. Just got around 60 players and it started lagging like crazy. I had to quit because it was unplayable for me.

Just FYI.

Keshash

Postby Keshash » July 8th, 2019, 9:23 pm

The lag becomes severe after around 65 players are on the server. Multiple people complained about this today on server #1 and it was almost unplayable yesterday at 100players Point Du Hoc with jittering and everyone teleporting every 2 meters instead of running.

The lag today started on Sammatus and continued at Mount Olimpus.

It's definitely not a problem on my end, since I have stable 40 ping and multiple people are experiencing the same.

Slayer

Postby Slayer » July 16th, 2019, 12:53 pm

Yesterday I played three full rounds (and one, Anctoville, only the last part): Fall of Tobruk, Gold Beach and Dukla Pass. On FoT and Gold there were no problems, but on Dukla the server started lagging, I had "There is a problem with your connection" messages throughout the round. When I fired shells with my tank, they sometimes didn't fire because of the lag. It was pretty unplayable, there was rubberbanding too, other people were mentioning it in the chat as well. I have uploaded the round so you can see for yourself, this time the amount of players awas 50, so I don't think the number of players is the cause of all this.

Video (it's unlisted): https://youtu.be/MUdsAZrgFkw

After four minutes I'm Alt-tabbing out of the game to see if the lag is caused by something on my end (but that wasn't the case).

Check for example:

6:23 (disappearing shell)
7:30 (disappearing shell)
10:13 (disappearing shell)
13:43 (chat)
21:54 (disappearing bullet)
24:32 (rubberbanding)

Alubat

Postby Alubat » July 17th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Looked at your video @Slayer and I also some times have the same disappearing shell, grenades, bombs etc.
I have experienced this with both 24 or 80 players on server and some times played 60-70 players without any problems.
Also have the rubberbanding/stutter some times, but mostly in close combat equipped with rifle vs any enemy inf.

I dont think every player gets the lags on every map. Seems like it happens to some random people some times. Other times everybody.

I usually dont get a lot of "problem with your connection" only when a round ends since 1-2 years.

Do you rec. stream directly to youtube or rec. to hdd. Both can cause issues like stutter
Try turn off recording and see if any changes ?
Try reset PC turn off/on router&switch

Random Inputs & conspiracy

Virtual servers and general internet security can cause net input lag

Is server by any chance trying to save power on any devices CPU,Netcard, Usb etc. Even linux servers may try to throttle cpu if not disabled in bios etc. Disable all kinds of energy saving/sleep mode
Unplug all not needed devices - USB adapters

Wrong ram voltage/other settings in bios ?

Bad hardware -Motherboard, ram cpu etc.

Temps too high ?

Internal bad electricity. PSU ? Unplug / Replug all Wires/Connectors ?

External bad electricity like waterboiler or refrigirator turning on/off causing electric power spike into PSU

Old not optimal Hdd 7200 rpm or lower can cause system lags, just conncted to pc without being in use.

Voip quality ?
Redirect Voip to another server ?

The waiting time from round end before next map loading is longer than before

I get more often killed without hearing enemy gun sound these days

Some years ago when I played via 3g usb internet modem (ping 160-320) I remember lags and odd ping snowball effect I could watch in stats ingame. Some thing like adding +100 ping or more, jumping from player to player if 3 players or more had higher ping than my self.

Can lag happen when a player gets medal or server collects certain info

Just what came to the top of my head
Keep it up :-)
ImageImage

Slayer

Postby Slayer » July 17th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Alubat wrote:Looked at your video @Slayer and I also some times have the same disappearing shell, grenades, bombs etc.
I have experienced this with both 24 or 80 players on server and some times played 60-70 players without any problems.
Also have the rubberbanding/stutter some times, but mostly in close combat equipped with rifle vs any enemy inf.

I dont think every player gets the lags on every map. Seems like it happens to some random people some times. Other times everybody.

Thanks, yes, I noticed that some people wrote in chat that they were doing fine (Peter), while others had the same problems as me (Dago).

Alubat wrote:I usually dont get a lot of "problem with your connection" only when a round ends since 1-2 years.

Correct, had the same, this round was an exception.

Alubat wrote:Do you rec. stream directly to youtube or rec. to hdd. Both can cause issues like stutter
Try turn off recording and see if any changes ?
Try reset PC turn off/on router&switch

I use OBS and record to HDD, but I have recorded over 300 videos and not had this problem yet.

Alubat wrote:Not sure about the waterfall/smoke question (asked on discord) maybe I see lags, not sure
maybe you could post a link with specific timestamp ?

Here you go: https://youtu.be/MUdsAZrgFkw?t=1421
You can see here that the waterfall looks bad from a distance, but getting closer makes the "badness" disappear.

Alubat wrote:Can lag happen when a player gets medal or server collects certain info

On the Russian server I crashed to desktop after I received an award (and it wasn't even the correct one, lol). I suspect the award system is not 100% crashproof, and I don't know how 762 got that set up. But it is the biggest difference between 762 servers and other servers. The Russian one started crashing more often lately too, and they recently implemented the award system as well.

So I hate to burst everyone's stats bubble, but that system is my suspect nr 1. Could 762 maybe try and run their servers without any award system for a while? If it keeps crashing as regularly as now my assumption is wrong and we can continue the search.

Slayer

Postby Slayer » July 27th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Just came off #1, rubberbanding all three rounds, lag spikes getting intense on Gazala (third round), making gameplay almost impossible. Slideshow for a bit and then the spawnscreen, every 20-40 seconds. There were 53-54 players on then, in the chat many players confirmed they had lag as well.

How can simple players like me see if there is any progress in resolving this issue? Right now it looks like nothing is being done and I refuse to believe that. But since there are no replies to this topic by admins (well, not since the end of May), there is no info in the FH2 Discord, nor any post on the mainpage about this, I'm won dering.

Anyone able to tell me more? I'll be pleased to hear some!

Ts4EVER

Postby Ts4EVER » July 28th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Today the same thing on server 1, lagging, rubber banding, complaining players.

Ts4EVER

Postby Ts4EVER » August 4th, 2019, 9:14 pm

On server number 3 there were some complaints about lag this evening, but not many. For me it ran largely fine, only some stutter that may have been on my end.

ElGringo

Postby ElGringo » August 12th, 2019, 6:55 pm

After several months of frustrating gameplay the patience is over. I know that I`m not entitled to just criticize and doing nothing but i think its time to speak out for the playerbase.

This game in terms of multiplayer will die if we follow this path right now. Multiple days/evenings with heavy lagging, rubberbanding and server delay just destroy every fun i had with this game.

I love this game and its one, if not my favourite multiplayer game for many years (8 years). Its sad, because developers like TS4 put their heart and soul into this amazing piece of hobby for us players for free. Thank you TS and the remaining volunteers for your work, i cant stress that often enough!

In a discussion about solving the problem (delay, laggs,...) yesterday on server #1, TS4ever pointed out that server #3 is running far more stable than the other ones and nobody really knows about this. So we switched the servers and for me this was true! Gameplay was enjoyable for me and many other people, so i dont understand why server #1 and #2 is still running? Every uninformed player will seed the first ones and after this process its hard to switch the entire teams to the stable one (server #3).

If we cant solve the problem with server #1 and #2, shutting them down and preventing player of joining them is the only option i can see right now. Especially if we have a more or less functioning server #3.

Correct me if im wrong, but it seems that the responsible admins are doing quite nothing against this wellknown problem. Like the post before, we have no information about any progress or ideas, except resetting the stats. There is also a lack of admins ingame at many gamesessions (evenings).

Just for the record, its not my intention about offending someone, just my personal view of the situation. Im just a normal guy who have found this wonderful game at my childhood and kept preferring about any other modern game. Its just a perfect fit of my interests and game mechanics, nostalgia and i hope it stays this way. But i cant play without other people on a enjoyable server. So i hope that this statement will be understand in a right way and not to harass somebody.

Time is running out and this active and unique community stays on a wood platform, which is likely to break every moment.

Return to “Server Information”