Targeted as a hacker (Banned)

You cannot play on [762] any more? Come here to ask why.
Forum rules
- No: racism/SS/Nazi comments/names/squads. No flaming/insulting.
- No teamkilling on purpose/wait your turn for weapons & vehicles.
- No fighting/AFK commander
- ABC Lines & Main Bases: Do NOT fire into / out of there!
- Planes: only attack fixed positions behind ABCs.
W1klundo

Targeted as a hacker (Banned)

Postby W1klundo » July 14th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Edit: Now officially banned, awaiting response

Good day 762!

It has come to my attention that I am being targeted as a hacker by members of your admin team. Therefor I wanted to come here before the banhammer drops to layout my case and with hope that you (as in the admin team) do the same.

I apologise for the wall of text but I wanted to explain my actions and line of thought in detail surrounding this situation to paint a clear image for everyone.

For the 3rd person reading this scratching their head, this is the backstory to this post:

I was playing as German on St. Lo Breakthrough(64) last night with a low playercount, 4v4 if I remember it correctly. US had capped all the flags except German main base. I spawned in main after being killed by a sherman while on foot at Chateu(?) flag. I knew that the sherman would come to attack the main base most likely from north or west so I jumped in a Stug with the specific intention to kill the sherman to later bail out and attack the church flag as infantry.

Why is that? Well, I would not consider myself a good tank player, I play best as infantry. Considering the AT-capability of the infantry and the fact that your hear a tank coming well before it shows it would in this case mean a almost certain death for me.

So lo and behold, the sherman attacked from the west. Since I already had assumed he was on his way (because why should he not?) I killed it rather easily from the Panzer IV spawnpoint in German main. After the kill I proceed according to my plan to immediatly bail out and turn around to find that there is an enemy standing behind my tank with a bazooka aiming at me. I experience a "oh-shit" moment and kills him with my K98.

Why did I jump out of the tank? The answer to that is seen above.
Why did I immediatly turn around after bailing?

The reason for me turning around is:
1: I have learned to always do a 360* sweep after bailing out of a tank whatever the reason to try to prevent getting shot by AT or get sniped by a rifle while for example repairing. We can call this learning by consequence.
2: My plan after bailing out of the tank was to attack the church flag on foot. The closest way to the church from my point of view was to turn around and move north-east up to the flag. This approach would also allow me to intercept the enemy attacking from the church.

According to my experience, attacking the German main from the church coming from north east provides the most cover for infantry which obviously means that it is the route most commonly used by players myself included.

The bazooka player in question was Caprogreene, this kill made him write something like: (I'm paraphrasing)
"In my 30 years of gaming I have never seen a bigger hacker"

After that I was kicked from the server.

I log back in to see Caprogreene explain the situation from his point of view to Neo who was also on the server, saying (also paraphrasing) "he is bad, really bad"

I try to formulate a reasonable response which is not easy there and then, it was something along the lines of:
"capro, it is pure speculation from your side. Explain how I'm hacking, I am really curious."

Caprogreene responded with: (paraphrasing)
"You're hacking, I see everything you do."
"Your bf2 hash key is not legit"
And he finishes up with:
"You're dead"

There were more written in Caprogreene's response which I don't remember but the message as I understand it was:
"I see everything you do, you are obviously hacking. That is what hackers always say. Your hash key has been tampered with. You are dead"

To sum it all up.

My Bf2 copy is legit. My hash key is legit and has not been tampered with.
I have been playing FPS games for 15 years starting with BF1942 and I have NEVER used hacks or cheats to gain the upper hand. I consider myself to be an overall above average player skillwise, I have lost count on how many times I have been accused of hacking in FPS games and I have indeed been kicked and banned for implied "hacks" X amount of times.

I also have a history of being a senior admin as a part of =MeRk= clan playing Project Reality under the nickname "Medal|2010" and "Medal" for several years so I have had to deal with my fair share of douchebags and hackers.

I wanted to ramble on further but I'm gonna stop here to await your response.

Thank you for your attention.
Last edited by W1klundo on July 14th, 2019, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pantsu

Re: Targeted as a hacker

Postby pantsu » July 14th, 2019, 3:29 pm

W1klundo wrote:The bazooka player in question was Caprogreene, this kill made him write something like: (I'm paraphrasing)

Argument From Ignorance or Non-Testable Hypothesis
This is the fallacy that that which has not been proven false must or is likely to be true; however, the fallacy usually applies to concepts that haven’t yet been adequately tested or are beyond the realm of proof. Our legal system protects us from this fallacy under the presumption of innocence guideline – “innocent until proven guilty”. Religious beliefs are founded on this "fallacy", but remember that a religious belief is, by definition, based on faith, rather than empirical proof or mathematical logic; that's what the phrase "leap of faith" refers to.

Presumption of innocence

The presumption of innocence is defined in Article 6 Sub 2 of the European Convention: everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.

so could i be permitted to ask mr. caprogreene where is the proofs of w1klundo cheating? or at least an explanation (of course there is no obligation to answer common players like me) on why his behavior led to a ban. :lol:
pm me if you want to be friends on Steam! ;o)

papafh2
Head Admin
Head Admin

Re: Targeted as a hacker (Banned)

Postby papafh2 » July 16th, 2019, 6:13 am

W1klundo wrote:Edit: Now officially banned, awaiting response

You are Banned?? I see you yesterday playing on the Server?!

To the Rest i give you later an Response.

Have a good Day and Best Regards from Gütersloh.

papa

papafh2
Head Admin
Head Admin

Re: Targeted as a hacker

Postby papafh2 » July 16th, 2019, 6:38 am

pantsu wrote:
W1klundo wrote:The bazooka player in question was Caprogreene, this kill made him write something like: (I'm paraphrasing)

Argument From Ignorance or Non-Testable Hypothesis
This is the fallacy that that which has not been proven false must or is likely to be true; however, the fallacy usually applies to concepts that haven’t yet been adequately tested or are beyond the realm of proof. Our legal system protects us from this fallacy under the presumption of innocence guideline – “innocent until proven guilty”. Religious beliefs are founded on this "fallacy", but remember that a religious belief is, by definition, based on faith, rather than empirical proof or mathematical logic; that's what the phrase "leap of faith" refers to.

Presumption of innocence

The presumption of innocence is defined in Article 6 Sub 2 of the European Convention: everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.

so could i be permitted to ask mr. caprogreene where is the proofs of w1klundo cheating? or at least an explanation (of course there is no obligation to answer common players like me) on why his behavior led to a ban. :lol:

Moshi Moshi pantsu,

please stop spamming our Forum.

THX

papafh2

W1klundo

Postby W1klundo » July 16th, 2019, 8:30 am

papafh2 wrote:
W1klundo wrote:Edit: Now officially banned, awaiting response

You are Banned?? I see you yesterday playing on the Server?!

To the Rest i give you later an Response.

Have a good Day and Best Regards from Gütersloh.

papa

Yes I got banned on server #2 but am still able to play on #1 as you will see in the clips below

W1klundo

Postby W1klundo » July 16th, 2019, 8:37 am

I have recorded 7 full rounds from yesterdays session, I left out two of the longest rounds because they were almost an hour long. And yes, the production quality is shit but that is not what is important.

As you can see I am producing the same result on the scoreboard as I usually do. This without any hacks or third party software.

pantsu

Postby pantsu » July 17th, 2019, 6:46 am

and also as papa told us ingame multiple times in the past their server is obligated to follow german law (no nazi idealogy for example) so i erroneously believed the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise would also be practiced. . . but alas, caprogreene. and in my sincerest opinion i think the request for evidence against the accused is not an unreasonable endeavor however on the contrary it would elevate our discussions even further which consequently benefits everyone.

like when mister/miss sandre banned morphium on omaha, i am assuming sandre gathered sufficient proof (i dare not ask or defend morphium because they did some questionable things which made even a stoic like me scratch my head about their gameplay) while morphium rejoining the server/forum under a different alias only made them look guiltier. :lol:

edit: typo when addressing sandre
Last edited by pantsu on July 17th, 2019, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonatronathan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Jonatronathan » July 17th, 2019, 5:50 pm

The server may follow German law, it doesn't arbitrate it. The reality is that this is a privately owned gaming server, not a court of law, so going all Atticus Finch won't get you anywhere.

pantsu

Postby pantsu » July 17th, 2019, 6:05 pm

your comment is making me blush. i would have never expected someone would align my actions with a great fictional character representing an idealized notion of truth, justice and 'the high road' morality.

i suppose i could take a break and follow the low road from now on and cease my efforts.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Jonatronathan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Jonatronathan » July 17th, 2019, 6:24 pm

I'm pointing out the realities of the situation, not giving an opinion.

Return to “You are banned?”