Time for cap Villers

Come here to learn about our [762] Servers, Admin Team or to raise questions you have.
Forum rules
- No: racism/SS/Nazi comments/names/squads. No flaming/insulting.
- No teamkilling on purpose/wait your turn for weapons & vehicles.
- No fighting/AFK commander
- ABC Lines & Main Bases: Do NOT fire into / out of there!
- Planes: only attack fixed positions behind ABCs.
DTBG.
Server Admin
Server Admin

Time for cap Villers

Postby DTBG. » March 9th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Hi,

Would it be possible to make something about time for capping flags on villers?
How do you want to have fun when server is less than 10 vs 10 and when you need 10 min for grey on fucking flag?
The map itself is good to play, but flags destroy all. And of course server never play the 32 version, it would be too beautiful

GeoPat

Re: Time for cap Villers

Postby GeoPat » March 9th, 2018, 4:31 pm

You should tell FH2 before they release their next patch.

MadMikeFH
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby MadMikeFH » March 11th, 2018, 8:37 am

I just saw on the FH-forums that there is a 32-Player map for Villers, yet it never shows up, even if there are only 10 Players online. Is that a problem on their end, or is it something with the server maplist?

Mr.ThunderMan

Postby Mr.ThunderMan » March 11th, 2018, 2:37 pm

MadMikeFH wrote:I just saw on the FH-forums that there is a 32-Player map for Villers, yet it never shows up, even if there are only 10 Players online. Is that a problem on their end, or is it something with the server maplist?

The 32p villers shows up rarely but still does, normally a 32p version comes up when there are less than 50 players nyt dunno why this is not the case for villers.
Jet whore since 2007

DTBG.
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby DTBG. » March 14th, 2018, 1:14 pm

If I remember, we already had a discussion in the past about it, and I believe that 32p requieres a certain number of people on server to be played.

GeoPat

Postby GeoPat » March 14th, 2018, 8:28 pm

I think the level sizer is based on the number of people left at the end of the previous map. So if people quit after that you will still end up with the larger version.
I looked at older versions of FH2, apparently the cap time on that map has had 3 and 4 minute caps on some flags for years. You might want to post about it here: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php. The server, 762, can't really change those times. It has to be changed by FH2.

Matt_Baker
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Matt_Baker » March 15th, 2018, 2:55 am

Time to cap is set per layer and set by the devs, so it's better to post in the FH2 forums. The long cap time is only on the 64 layer and it assumes you'll have teammates nearby (which makes it quicker afaik). You can post about cap times or other map feedback here; http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=67.0

Regarding the map sizes. I thought Odium posted a breakdown of when the maps change, but I can't find it. Afaik it's different for server #1 & #2, but from what I remember;

The 64 layer of a map shows up when there's somewhere between like 40/50-100 players.

The 32 version shows up when there's between 15/20-40/50 players.

The 16 layer shows up when there's between 1-15/20 players.

If there's no 16 layer (like on Viller's) then the server defaults to the 64 layer (I think). This could be solved by adding a 16 layer to Villers which may happen in the future, but right now devs are working on a new patch.

MadMikeFH
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby MadMikeFH » March 15th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Matt_Baker wrote:If there's no 16 layer (like on Viller's) then the server defaults to the 64 layer (I think). This could be solved by adding a 16 layer to Villers which may happen in the future, but right now devs are working on a new patch.

Ah thanks Matt, that confirms my suspicions. Could this problem not also be solved by making 32 layouts default when there are less than 32+ Players online. I can't see any harm in that, correct me if i'm wrong. And we wouldnt have to wait for the devteam to make smaller layouts for all the maps that don't have them yet.

Matt_Baker
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Matt_Baker » March 15th, 2018, 3:07 pm

That would be nice, yea. idk what's possible tho. I think Neo implemented the code last time?

Return to “Server Information”