Battlefield: Korea (1950-53)

Anthony817
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Battlefield: Korea (1950-53)

Postby Anthony817 » July 15th, 2016, 7:28 am

Hello everybody. I am the current mod leader for the BF2 mod which focuses on the Korean War. Some of you may remember us back when we were actively developing during the last decade. We were nominated for the 2007 top 100 mods on moddb, and were featured #2 in the best upcoming mods for BF2.

http://www.moddb.com/groups/2007-mod-of ... rds/top100

Well, we had abandoned by 2009, due to it being hard to find people to help the team out. Most of our assets went to PR and other mods as we were part of BSS.

I am posting here as Stubbfan and Geopat suggested I get in contact with you guys.

April of this year, I was contacted by nadvgia of the BFSP forums whom seen my video on YouTube showing off gameplay of our F-86 Sabre and Mig-15 jets, and was pretty impressed. After some back and forth, we both decided to revive the mod. I got in contact with the old mod leader, and took over the reins and the moddb site and now post updates about once a month.

We are still pretty ambitious as always, and we want to be somewhere between the realism of PR and FH2, trying to find that sweet spot between fun and realism. It was also mentioned that you guys are looking for other games and mods to play, so we do want to try and appeal to you guys. We could take feedback from your community. We strive to make this historically accurate as possible, as we understand how much FH2 players love their historical accuracy.

Things have been moving pretty fast since April but we still needs lots of help. We lack many mappers, content creators and things like character modelers.

If this appeals to anybody here who knows how to create content, or would like to help an ambitious mod out, on a War nobody seems to want to make a game about, we would love if you could lend a hand. We do think we are trying to bring something very unique to the BF2 mod community, so we hope to create something many will love to play.

If anybody could help us out, please check out our latest news update to see what kinds of things we have in the mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea

Pertuska

Re: Battlefield: Korea (1950-53)

Postby Pertuska » July 15th, 2016, 1:37 pm

i hope you guys get this done, cant wait to play this. ;)

Anthony817
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby Anthony817 » July 18th, 2016, 2:52 am

Thanks! We just got a coder on the team so we hope to be able to have some really nice features in the game. People seem to really like the idea of a Korean War BF game, so we hope to make it interesting, realistic and most importantly fun. :P

Diegothic

Postby Diegothic » July 19th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Looks so good.

Anthony817
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby Anthony817 » July 31st, 2016, 12:21 am

Just got a new 3D modeler on the team. Guy can make models and texture them fast as in 1-2 days. He is working on a Russian made Izh-43 shotgun since our UN forces have the M1897 Trenchgun. Guy is pretty awesome. Still looking for map creators though. We want to do historical battles, so we want to use satellite data for the actual locations and try to recreate the maps as faithfully as possible.

We also just got our ROK voice actor, since we already got the KPA voiced a while ago. So both Korean actors will give it a different vibe so they don't sound exactly the same.

Anthony817
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby Anthony817 » September 19th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Just posted our latest news update. Enjoy!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-k ... mn-update4

Cyrant
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby Cyrant » September 19th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Nice that you are going to continue developing the mod, are you planning to add guided missiles and helicopters? Godspeed with development, unfortunately I never picked up BF2 mapping.

Anthony817
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby Anthony817 » September 19th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Guided missles? Negative on that one. We do have FFAR rockets for ground attack planes though. We planned on having an H19 Sikorsky chopper eventually.

Cyrant
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby Cyrant » September 20th, 2016, 2:01 am

Oops, after reading a bit about these two things in the Korean war I realized I overestimated the progress in these technologies from WW2 to Korea. Only guided missiles I found used in Korea were drone F6F which would be overkill in BF 2, Helicopters would be nice but only available on US side, which makes them partially unsuited aswell. Bummer :D

Anthony817
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby Anthony817 » September 20th, 2016, 2:12 am

Funny you mention the F6F drones. Kraetzer said we could have permission to use all of the stuff he created for the Pacific CMP, and he in fact made those planes. Since they use the FH2 cockpits, we would have to change them if we wanted to use it, but I actually thought of making a drone to use lol. Maybe with some black and white camera like how the TV guided missiles were.

I would love to use the F6F in BFKorea, but they only were used as remotely operated flying bombs. It would make for an interesting feature for sure though. It is still an idea. Just make it as a 3rd person camera or nose cam.

About the choppers. Yeah good example of asymmetrical warfare, but the Communist forces still used really highly advanced jets that could give the Americans fighters a run for it's money.

It might have only been 5 years after WW2, but a lot of advancements did happen in that time. Namely helicopters got much better than they were in WW2 if even only slightly. Some really ugly choppers were used in Korea.

Return to “Off Topic”