Small presentation

DTBG.
Server Admin
Server Admin

Small presentation

Postby DTBG. » July 1st, 2016, 12:41 pm

Hi everybody.
Most of the time we play with the same players, so I've thought that it could be great to know a little bit more about each other (but if you want make your entire biography you can :P ). I know that a lot of you know each other, but it could be great for those who don't go on TS for example.

So I will start. My name is Valentin, I'm 20. As you know I live in France, on the "west coast" ( 8-) ), close to St Nazaire (you probably know Festung St. Nazaire).
I'm a student in biology and ecology, I will start my third year in university on september.
I like the history (essentially the 20th siecle), videogames of course and above all the Motogp races (Forza Vale!). And that's all ^^

So what about you guys ?

Mr.ThunderMan

Re: Small presentation

Postby Mr.ThunderMan » July 4th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Awkwardly silent here.

Hello from Thundy, 21, living in Finland, Central Ostrobothnia where the landscape is boring with only fields and forests and little to none height differences. Not studying anything at the moment as I don't know what to go study yet thus currently just working. Last year I served my conscript service becoming a reconnaissance squad's signals NCO.
Jet whore since 2007

Yehiel_Feiner
Normal Member
Normal Member

Postby Yehiel_Feiner » July 4th, 2016, 4:24 pm

though i like your idea of introducing ourselves a bit to each other, there may be several reasons for the 'silence' in here:
some simply don't see a need to do so.
some are cautious about released information that is publicly accessible.
some already know each other through alternative channels, such as teamspeak, other communities and real life.

nevertheless, a brief outline about me:
i'm 29 years, living in berlin for 6 years now, trying to finish my study of an expiring subject ('something with maps'). in the past i made some music in different projects/bands and by myself. also i think that music is the healing, or at least it should be. but things changed, now my girlfriend and me are living at a noisy highway (not really at, but close to it). :o

that's significant since it made me even more sensitive for audible information of every kind. for example i like the sound dimension in FH2 and how it really helps one to understand the game. you can get a lot of vital information when listening to the 'soundscape' (via headphones). in combination with the visuals (including 3D-map, minimap and kill-/capture-messages) it creates added value to your experience and is crucial for developing a good game-/teamplay.

and this also explains how deeply i dislike any kind of noisy disruption, no matter whether it's continuous voice spam ingame or lacking chat discipline in teamspeak. both can ruin your concentration, thus your game. anyway i have to admit that i'm in the habit of doing negative-spam until the chat and command blocking got triggered and counts down that 30 secs while i sometimes wanted to type something angry in chat. sorry about that. but sometimes it's the only way to express my discontent to needless things happening (and i think it's an effective one).

in the end i wrote things noone wanted to know. but yeah, it just crossed my mind and somehow presents me, as well.
ah, and not forget to say: i'm mostly seen as negative, destructive and incertain. a left-wing extremist naysayer. (visit the guys in ts, they will confirm)
so, pleased to meet you! ;)
created by TheTankHunter1337 in FHT Campaign #17

DTBG.
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby DTBG. » July 4th, 2016, 6:01 pm

Yehiel_Feiner wrote:though i like your idea of introducing ourselves a bit to each other, there may be several reasons for the 'silence' in here:
some simply don't see a need to do so.
some are cautious about released information that is publicly accessible.
some already know each other through alternative channels, such as teamspeak, other communities and real life.

Of course i understand this, i will not force people to do it :P

About the sound you are totally right. Just with the sound you can locate on which flag a tank or a vehicule is moving, so this is a important point for the flag's defense.
Have a musician in our community is great for all the things about game's sounds !

Return to “Off Topic”