[Feedback] FHT Hill 262

Help us test our map pack to bug-fix before the release!
Forum rules
- No: racism/SS/Nazi comments/names/squads. No flaming/insulting.
- No teamkilling on purpose/wait your turn for weapons & vehicles.
- No fighting/AFK commander
- ABC Lines & Main Bases: Do NOT fire into / out of there!
- Planes: only attack fixed positions behind ABCs.
Jonatronathan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: [Feedback] FHT Hill 262

Postby Jonatronathan » September 17th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Same with 7th army.

Slayer

Postby Slayer » July 30th, 2017, 12:03 am

Map looks great but it is too big, I suggest to focus the map on the area around Mont Ormel and Hill 262.

Every flagzone is set up nicely for tournament play. The locations are interesting and there are many places to fight over. Problem is, on public play this means that a flagzone needs to be secured by a squad and that said squad cannot move out. This leads to gameplay which may be very effecticve in the torunament, but for public players it will become boring. Actually flags like Coudehard or Manoir are almost maps in their own right.

The capzones are sometimes in somewhat weird positions, like in Coudehard. Yes, I want to control the town, byut why would I want to fight over a small patch of grass between a house and a barn? Doesn't really make sense to me. I suggest putting it in an importnant building (like is the case with Navy HQ on Brest) or in the middle of (a sidealley of) the street so that you have to clear the sides of the street to cap the flag (like is the case on Villers Bocage flag on the map of the same name).

There are some texture issues at Coudehard btw:

And there is a static housing a tree at Manoir:

One last thing: engineer kit is limited. I think that is to prevent excessive mining, which is good. But it also prevents me from taking a tank and being able to repair it myself, which is bad. I suggest to lower the amount of mines in the engineer kit and then make it ulimited so we can have both: fewer mines and being able to repair your tank.

MadMikeFH
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby MadMikeFH » February 22nd, 2018, 1:18 pm

Great and fun map to play for both sides. Although i agree with Slayer on the Engineer kits. On a tank heavy map its rather annyoing not being able to repair your tank because all kits are taken.
I think the easiest solution would be to give both sides the regular Engi Kit with Explosive Charges and make the Mine kit a pickup on the various flags.
Keep up the good work!

MadMikeFH
Rockie Member
Rockie Member

Postby MadMikeFH » February 28th, 2018, 10:43 am

One other thing: Would it make sense to make deathzones around the mainbases on the 64 (and 32 i think) player layout? I noticed more than once, that german tanks sit on the hill above the british main and snipe tanks leaving the village. They may not be actually shooting into main, but its nearly impossible to leave the base and engage them in a fair fight.
IMO the ridge should be off bounds for the germans.

Return to “[F|H] & [762] & [WaW] Community Map Pack”