Cheating accusations - again (Title Edited)

Everything that does not fit the other categories.
Forum rules
- No: racism/SS/Nazi comments/names/squads. No flaming/insulting.
- No teamkilling on purpose/wait your turn for weapons & vehicles.
- No fighting/AFK commander
- ABC Lines & Main Bases: Do NOT fire into / out of there!
- Planes: only attack fixed positions behind ABCs.
pantsu

Cheating accusations - again (Title Edited)

Postby pantsu » January 23rd, 2019, 11:15 pm

x4funI<ODIUM>I wrote:I suggest visiting fhmod.org and use the developer forum to make the devs see that we need some sort of technical solution to this. To be clear: I say make them see. I am not saying insult, flame, demand. I am saying offering help to code, to design, to implement, if you can. It takes work and effort but you players decide which game you wish to play.

early today both m4tteo and gotkai madmoo accused smokin jager of cheating. :roll:

1. my initial hypothesis was if smokin jager were a cheater he would know about my flanking maneuver to destroy his tiger II.
(disregarding the possibility his 30-40 other teammates might warn him, however, despite this flaw/gamble which could invalidate my test please read on.)

2. upon successfully flanking smokin jager's tiger II he did not notice my presence even after destroying 2 tanks near him.

3. a moment later i patiently waited for his turret to rotate after choosing to not fire at him from which ample opportunities were available.

4. toreslinning told us in public chat that he warned smokin jager i was behind him using voice communication.
(presumably after i had flanked his position and destroyed a few tanks).

perhaps our conclusions align or not but from these events we might be able to ascertain smokin jager's innocence as being true. otherwise, if smokin jager were indeed a cheater he could have intervened by preventing my flank but did not; is it more likely he feigned ignorance and has mind reading abilities? :lol:

my conclusion: smokin jager does not cheat.
Last edited by pantsu on January 25th, 2019, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ban_dihydrogen_monoxide
add me on steam if you want to play together ;)

redbadd

Re: conditional bayesian

Postby redbadd » January 24th, 2019, 12:15 am

One could also argue that it is,suspect that a player getting the result he gets wouldn't pick up on the goings on around him, ic his teammates being taken out by mr pantsu not the least of foes around.

Maybe because of accusations he backed of a bit, a good cheater knows when to be discrete.
Maybe he was jacking of in the mirror at the time, what's it to you in any case.

pantsu

Postby pantsu » January 24th, 2019, 1:32 am

redbadd wrote:Maybe because of accusations he backed of a bit, a good cheater knows when to be discrete.

if your idea is indeed plausible why would smokin jager continue to top score for several games with their cheats turned off knowing he was being accused or the possibility of being monitored in a game which had several administrators? wouldn't his score suffer as a result of having become 'discrete'? ;)

redbadd wrote:Maybe he was jacking of in the mirror at the time, what's it to you in any case.

i am only curious why sir m4tteo and sir gotkai madmoo believe smokin jager cheats.

redbadd

Postby redbadd » January 24th, 2019, 3:04 am

I poster a YouTube link in a report a player thread topic showing what i mean. Cheating without being too obvious about it, because that's what gets a cheater cought.

Not noticing a top scoring player killing tanks around him, that's weird for someone that's a good player.
Have you asked Matt and moo?

Because your experiment is cant deliver evidence for or against.

pantsu

Postby pantsu » January 24th, 2019, 3:37 am

redbadd wrote:Because your experiment is cant deliver evidence for or against.

while you are certainty right, however my hypothesis is more substantial than sir m4tteo and sir gotkai madmoo simply pointing their fingers at smokin jager without backing up their claims.

redbadd

Postby redbadd » January 24th, 2019, 1:00 pm

So if Jaeger had shot you it wouldve been a cut case for you that he was cheating, based on your one of experiment. Then he dodged a bullet by taking one :mrgreen: .

Matt and Moo probably have been shot or found out in simular situations to your experiment. But both are known to be whiners and very vocal about that, maybe they are right maybe not, it s not within my reach to find that out reliably.
I dont know if they can stil detect cheats,, i dont think so anymore without punkbuster or whatever its called, so if your not too obvious about it anyone could be using cheats that give an advantage, without admins to clearly be able to proof it.
They then would have to rely on circumstantial proof like.
K/D how they got that K/D, on what maps, with what weapons against what kinds of players, and grade of population on the server. Does he get good results consistently, significantly better then other top players under simular circumstances. And even then maybe all top players are using simular cheats, or jaeger is a drunk and only fairs marginally better then top players even when using cheats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5hyQsre1Iw&t=158s

You can see how someone would loose track when there are a lot of targets in front.

pureperversions
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby pureperversions » January 24th, 2019, 3:43 pm

he seems to see further than he should be able to is the main reason

redbadd

Postby redbadd » January 25th, 2019, 12:13 am

How dreadfully mondain, no wonder pantsu didnt take acount of that in his hypothesis.

x4funI<ODIUM>I
Head Admin
Head Admin

Re: Cheating accusations - again (Title Edited)

Postby x4funI<ODIUM>I » January 25th, 2019, 11:42 am

As several freedom fighters, warriors of justice, players, (some!) developers and innocently accused individuals have so eloquently put it during the last 2 years - there is no cheating in this 10+ year old game.

There is no changing of game settings. There are no hacks. There is no editing of files to remove fog. There is no editing of files to make enemy name tags show like the team nametags show, even through buildings, ground features, any kind of cover (=wall hack).

There are just good players with good reflexes and all is fine. There is no need for an MD5 check and even the most basic of any anti cheat measures in this game because all is well. We are just bad admins and imagining things when we are getting killed 80-2. Because we are incapable of spotting a cheater when we see one and judge his behaviour after playing this game for over 10 years.

In short, we know nothing, John [762]!

Sorry lads, but this stick has 2 ends and the player base needs to decide what it wants.
We could not ban Cpt. Mike, could not ban Major Koenig and all the others. Our hands are tied.
(Yes, we tried, punk buster is no longer available and neither is GGC stream. Sorry.)

I suggest visiting fhmod.org and use the developer forum to make the devs see that we need some sort of technical solution to this. To be clear: I say make them see. I am not saying insult, flame, demand. I am saying offering help to code, to design, to implement, if you can. It takes work and effort but you players decide which game you wish to play.
Best Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I.

Return to “General Discussion”